BOGUK IN STITCHES
Complete clauses 1 - 3 and any three other clauses which provide a personal challenge to you.
1. Show that you can do the following: § Sew a badge or name tape on neatly by hand, showing that you can thread a needle and start and finish off hand sewing neatly § Sew on a button
2. Have a working knowledge of a sewing machine. Know how the wind a bobbin and thread the machine. Know how to change a needle and a foot. Know how to do forward and reverse sewing. Know how to change the tension and/or thread length.
3. Know the following:
5. Learn how to use a dressmakers dummy to fit a garment.
6. Adapt a pattern by lengthening or shortening etc, or use several parts of patterns to create a unique garment which provides a personal fit.
7. Make two garments which demonstrate at least four of the following:
8. Help to make or adapt the costumes for a gang show, play etc,
9. Help to make a formal dress such as a ball gown, wedding dress or similar. Know how to work with the material chosen, the importance of making forms from cheap fabric and how to ensure a good fit.
Other forms of needle craft
11. Make a pair of curtains or similar. Choose a suitable fabric. Know how measure, allowing for joins and fullness and how to ensure that the hem is straight.
12. Make a useful article for your home, such as cushion covers, laundry bags etc.
13. Make an article using a highly patterned fabric, showing that you can match a pattern successfullly. Know how to place a pattern on the fabric to achieve a pleasing result round darts, gathers, seams etc.
14. Make an article which uses appliqué (by hand or machine)
15. Make a soft toy or teddy bear
16. Learn a new form of needlecraft and complete a project.