BOGUK the Holiday QM
Complete clauses 1-8 and two others which provide a personal challenge to you
1. Act as QM or assistant QM for an indoor Holiday.
2. Complete a Food Hygiene Course, or be aware of (and
practice!) good hygiene practises including hand washing, coloured
cloths, coloured chopping boards etc.
3. Know how to dispose of kitchen waste hygienically,
recycling where possible.
4. Create a balanced menu for two different types of weekend holiday (e.g. activity, brownie etc) OR Create a balanced menu for a week-long holiday
5. Adapt a camp or holiday menu for a girl with a food allergy, religious requirement or similar.
6. Prepare a shopping list, including quantities, for
the chosen menu for your camp or holiday.
7. Know how arrange the food in the storage space provided
and how to store all types of food.
8. Know where the gas, electricity and water supplies
Do one of the following
10. Cook and serve a meal out of doors using a portable
stove, camp fire etc
11. Run an activity involving cooking for the girls - e.g. making cookies
12. Discuss and plan what "could go wrong" and how you
would handle five unusual or unexpected circumstances such as:
13. Try cooking something you have not tried before, or in a new way e.g. Cook a steamed pudding, do a pot roast, make your own ice cream etc
14. Help to create a booklet, website, or training session about one aspect of the QM job.